Anna Miller is a graduate student in the Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences at Case Western Reserve University. Anna earned a Bachelor's of Arts at Albion College with a double major in Biology and Music. Anna's research interests are broad and span the genetic and environmental aspects of human disease. She uses both traditional and novel statistical and bioinformatic approaches in her work. Outside of the lab, Anna is passionate about science communication, advocating for graduate students, and science policy. Anna is a frequent contributor to The Nascent Transcript, quarterly blog of the American Society of Human Genetics featuring original content by and for trainee members.
- Rifkin, SB, Miller, AK, Montalvan-Sanchez, EE, Norwood, DA, Martinez, E, Waterboer, T, Beasley, TM, Dominguez, RL, Williams, SM, Morgan, DR et al.. Wood cookstove use is associated with gastric cancer in Central America and mediated by host genetics. Sci Rep 2023; 13 (1): 16515. PubMed PMID:37783717 .
- Azhibekov, T, Durodoye, R, Miller, AK, Simpson, CL, Davis, RL, Williams, SM, Bruggeman, LA. Fetal High-Risk APOL1 Genotype Increases Risk for Small for Gestational Age in Term Infants Affected by Preeclampsia. Neonatology 2023; 120 (4): 532-536. PubMed PMID:37062283 PubMed Central PMC10528441.
- Miller, AK, Gordon, JC, Curtis, JW, Ajayakumar, J, Schumacher, FR, Avril, S. The Geographic Context of Racial Disparities in Aggressive Endometrial Cancer Subtypes: Integrating Social and Environmental Aspects to Discern Biological Outcomes. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2022; 19 (14): . PubMed PMID:35886465 PubMed Central PMC9320863.
- Miller, AK, Tavera, G, Dominguez, RL, Camargo, MC, Waterboer, T, Wilson, KT, Williams, SM, Morgan, DR. Ornithine decarboxylase (ODC1) gene variant (rs2302615) is associated with gastric cancer independently of Helicobacter pylori CagA serostatus. Oncogene 2021; 40 (40): 5963-5969. PubMed PMID:34376808 PubMed Central PMC8692072.
- Miller, AK, Williams, SM. Helicobacter pylori infection causes both protective and deleterious effects in human health and disease. Genes Immun 2021; 22 (4): 218-226. PubMed PMID:34244666 PubMed Central PMC8390445.
- Miller, AK, Chen, A, Bartlett, J, Wang, L, Williams, SM, Buchner, DA. A Novel Mapping Strategy Utilizing Mouse Chromosome Substitution Strains Identifies Multiple Epistatic Interactions That Regulate Complex Traits. G3 (Bethesda) 2020; 10 (12): 4553-4563. PubMed PMID:33023974 PubMed Central PMC7718749.
- Miller, AK, Azhibekov, T, O'Toole, JF, Sedor, JR, Williams, SM, Redline, RW, Bruggeman, LA. Association of preeclampsia with infant APOL1 genotype in African Americans. BMC Med Genet 2020; 21 (1): 110. PubMed PMID:32434471 PubMed Central PMC7238556.