Robert Goodloe, Dr. Sarah Pendergrass, and Jonathan Boston present our work in EAGLE at the Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing held on the Big Island, Hawaii (2013).
The Epidemiologic Architecture for Genes Linked to Environment (EAGLE) was a study site of the large Population Architecture using Genomics and Epidemiology (PAGE) I Study funded by the National Human Genome Research Institute at the National Institutes of Health (U01 HG004798 and its American Recovery and Reinvestment Act supplements). The primary goal of this project was to describe the epidemiologic architecture of genetic variations identified through genome-wide association studies (GWAS) using epidemiologic and clinical collections. We also replicated previously published GWAS and identified potential mitochondrial and/or environmental modifiers.
- Pendergrass, SA, Buyske, S, Jeff, JM, Frase, A, Dudek, S, Bradford, Y, Ambite, JL, Avery, CL, Buzkova, P, Deelman, E et al.. A phenome-wide association study (PheWAS) in the Population Architecture using Genomics and Epidemiology (PAGE) study reveals potential pleiotropy in African Americans. PLoS One 2019; 14 (12): e0226771. PubMed PMID:31891604 PubMed Central PMC6938343.
- Restrepo, NA, Laper, SM, Farber-Eger, E, Crawford, DC. Local genetic ancestry in CDKN2B-AS1 is associated with primary open-angle glaucoma in an African American cohort extracted from de-identified electronic health records. BMC Med Genomics 2018; 11 (Suppl 3): 70. PubMed PMID:30255811 PubMed Central PMC6157155.
- Fernández-Rhodes, L, Malinowski, JR, Wang, Y, Tao, R, Pankratz, N, Jeff, JM, Yoneyama, S, Carty, CL, Setiawan, VW, Le Marchand, L et al.. The genetic underpinnings of variation in ages at menarche and natural menopause among women from the multi-ethnic Population Architecture using Genomics and Epidemiology (PAGE) Study: A trans-ethnic meta-analysis. PLoS One 2018; 13 (7): e0200486. PubMed PMID:30044860 PubMed Central PMC6059436.
- Kocarnik, JM, Richard, M, Graff, M, Haessler, J, Bien, S, Carlson, C, Carty, CL, Reiner, AP, Avery, CL, Ballantyne, CM et al.. Discovery, fine-mapping, and conditional analyses of genetic variants associated with C-reactive protein in multiethnic populations using the Metabochip in the Population Architecture using Genomics and Epidemiology (PAGE) study. Hum Mol Genet 2018; 27 (16): 2940-2953. PubMed PMID:29878111 PubMed Central PMC6077792.
- Gong, J, Nishimura, KK, Fernandez-Rhodes, L, Haessler, J, Bien, S, Graff, M, Lim, U, Lu, Y, Gross, M, Fornage, M et al.. Trans-ethnic analysis of metabochip data identifies two new loci associated with BMI. Int J Obes (Lond) 2018; 42 (3): 384-390. PubMed PMID:29381148 PubMed Central PMC5876082.
- Goodloe, R, Farber-Eger, E, Boston, J, Crawford, DC, Bush, WS. Reducing Clinical Noise for Body Mass Index Measures Due to Unit and Transcription Errors in the Electronic Health Record. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc 2017; 2017 : 102-111. PubMed PMID:28815116 PubMed Central PMC5543370.
- Farber-Eger, E, Goodloe, R, Boston, J, Bush, WS, Crawford, DC. Extracting Country-of-Origin from Electronic Health Records for Gene- Environment Studies as Part of the Epidemiologic Architecture for Genes Linked to Environment (EAGLE) Study. AMIA Jt Summits Transl Sci Proc 2017; 2017 : 50-57. PubMed PMID:28815105 PubMed Central PMC5543359.
- Zubair, N, Graff, M, Luis Ambite, J, Bush, WS, Kichaev, G, Lu, Y, Manichaikul, A, Sheu, WH, Absher, D, Assimes, TL et al.. Fine-mapping of lipid regions in global populations discovers ethnic-specific signals and refines previously identified lipid loci. Hum Mol Genet 2016; 25 (24): 5500-5512. PubMed PMID:28426890 PubMed Central PMC5721937.
- Liu, CT, Raghavan, S, Maruthur, N, Kabagambe, EK, Hong, J, Ng, MC, Hivert, MF, Lu, Y, An, P, Bentley, AR et al.. Trans-ethnic Meta-analysis and Functional Annotation Illuminates the Genetic Architecture of Fasting Glucose and Insulin. Am J Hum Genet 2016; 99 (1): 56-75. PubMed PMID:27321945 PubMed Central PMC5005440.
- Oetjens, MT, Brown-Gentry, K, Goodloe, R, Dilks, HH, Crawford, DC. Population Stratification in the Context of Diverse Epidemiologic Surveys Sans Genome-Wide Data. Front Genet 2016; 7 : 76. PubMed PMID:27200085 PubMed Central PMC4858524.