JONATHAN HAINES, PHD
Jonathan Haines, PhD, is a genetic epidemiologist, Mary W. Sheldon M.D. Professor of Genomic Sciences, Chair of Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, and Director of the Institute for Computational Biology. Dr. Haines has extensive experience in all aspects of genetic epidemiology with a particular focus on data analytics. He has applied his expertise to numerous neurological and ophthalmological disorders having located and identified over 20 causal and 200 associated loci. His interests are in adapting and applying statistical computational methods to biomedical big data.
- Gharahkhani, P, Jorgenson, E, Hysi, P, Khawaja, AP, Pendergrass, S, Han, X, Ong, JS, Hewitt, AW, Segrè, AV, Rouhana, JM et al.. Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies 127 open-angle glaucoma loci with consistent effect across ancestries. Nat Commun 2021; 12 (1): 1258. PubMed PMID:33627673 .
- Genetics of Exfoliation Syndrome Partnership, Li, Z, Wang, Z, Lee, MC, Zenkel, M, Peh, E, Ozaki, M, Topouzis, F, Nakano, S, Chan, A et al.. Association of Rare CYP39A1 Variants With Exfoliation Syndrome Involving the Anterior Chamber of the Eye. JAMA 2021; 325 (8): 753-764. PubMed PMID:33620406 .
- Waksmunski, AR, Song, YE, Kinzy, TG, Laux, RA, Sewell, J, Fuzzell, D, Fuzzell, S, Miller, S, Wiggs, JL, Pasquale, LR et al.. The GGLEAM Study: Understanding Glaucoma in the Ohio Amish. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2021; 18 (4): . PubMed PMID:33561996 PubMed Central PMC7915874.
- Griswold, AJ, Celis, K, Bussies, PL, Rajabli, F, Whitehead, PL, Hamilton-Nelson, KL, Beecham, GW, Dykxhoorn, DM, Nuytemans, K, Wang, L et al.. Increased APOE ε4 expression is associated with the difference in Alzheimer's disease risk from diverse ancestral backgrounds. Alzheimers Dement 2021; : . PubMed PMID:33522086 .
- Ramos, J, Chowdhury, AR, Caywood, LJ, Prough, M, Denise Fuzzell, M, Fuzzell, S, Miskimen, K, Whitehead, PL, Adams, LD, Laux, R et al.. Lower Levels of Education Are Associated with Cognitive Impairment in the Old Order Amish. J Alzheimers Dis 2021; 79 (1): 451-458. PubMed PMID:33285633 .
- Kunkle, BW, Schmidt, M, Klein, HU, Naj, AC, Hamilton-Nelson, KL, Larson, EB, Evans, DA, De Jager, PL, Crane, PK, Buxbaum, JD et al.. Novel Alzheimer Disease Risk Loci and Pathways in African American Individuals Using the African Genome Resources Panel: A Meta-analysis. JAMA Neurol 2021; 78 (1): 102-113. PubMed PMID:33074286 PubMed Central PMC7573798.
- Lancour, D, Dupuis, J, Mayeux, R, Haines, JL, Pericak-Vance, MA, Schellenberg, GC, Crovella, M, Farrer, LA, Kasif, S. Analysis of brain region-specific co-expression networks reveals clustering of established and novel genes associated with Alzheimer disease. Alzheimers Res Ther 2020; 12 (1): 103. PubMed PMID:32878640 PubMed Central PMC7469336.
- Dumitrescu, L, Mahoney, ER, Mukherjee, S, Lee, ML, Bush, WS, Engelman, CD, Lu, Q, Fardo, DW, Trittschuh, EH, Mez, J et al.. Genetic variants and functional pathways associated with resilience to Alzheimer's disease. Brain 2020; 143 (8): 2561-2575. PubMed PMID:32844198 PubMed Central PMC7447518.
- Waksmunski, AR, Grunin, M, Kinzy, TG, Igo, RP Jr, Haines, JL, Cooke Bailey, JN. Statistical driver genes as a means to uncover missing heritability for age-related macular degeneration. BMC Med Genomics 2020; 13 (1): 95. PubMed PMID:32631374 PubMed Central PMC7336430.
- Griswold, AJ, Sivasankaran, SK, Van Booven, D, Gardner, OK, Rajabli, F, Whitehead, PL, Hamilton-Nelson, KL, Adams, LD, Scott, AM, Hofmann, NK et al.. Immune and Inflammatory Pathways Implicated by Whole Blood Transcriptomic Analysis in a Diverse Ancestry Alzheimer's Disease Cohort. J Alzheimers Dis 2020; 76 (3): 1047-1060. PubMed PMID:32597797 .