JONATHAN HAINES, PHD
Jonathan Haines, PhD, is a genetic epidemiologist, Mary W. Sheldon M.D. Professor of Genomic Sciences, Chair of Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences, and Director of the Institute for Computational Biology. Dr. Haines has extensive experience in all aspects of genetic epidemiology with a particular focus on data analytics. He has applied his expertise to numerous neurological and ophthalmological disorders having located and identified over 20 causal and 200 associated loci. His interests are in adapting and applying statistical computational methods to biomedical big data.
- Rakocz, N, Chiang, JN, Nittala, MG, Corradetti, G, Tiosano, L, Velaga, S, Thompson, M, Hill, BL, Sankararaman, S, Haines, JL et al.. Automated identification of clinical features from sparsely annotated 3-dimensional medical imaging. NPJ Digit Med 2021; 4 (1): 44. PubMed PMID:33686212 PubMed Central PMC7940637.
- Corvi, F, Corradetti, G, Nittala, MG, Velaga, SB, Haines, JL, Pericak-Vance, MA, Stambolian, D, Sadda, SR. Comparison of Spectralis and Cirrus optical coherence tomography for the detection of incomplete and complete retinal pigment epithelium and outer retinal atrophy. Retina 2021; : . PubMed PMID:33655896 .
- Gharahkhani, P, Jorgenson, E, Hysi, P, Khawaja, AP, Pendergrass, S, Han, X, Ong, JS, Hewitt, AW, Segrè, AV, Rouhana, JM et al.. Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies 127 open-angle glaucoma loci with consistent effect across ancestries. Nat Commun 2021; 12 (1): 1258. PubMed PMID:33627673 PubMed Central PMC7904932.
- Genetics of Exfoliation Syndrome Partnership, Li, Z, Wang, Z, Lee, MC, Zenkel, M, Peh, E, Ozaki, M, Topouzis, F, Nakano, S, Chan, A et al.. Association of Rare CYP39A1 Variants With Exfoliation Syndrome Involving the Anterior Chamber of the Eye. JAMA 2021; 325 (8): 753-764. PubMed PMID:33620406 PubMed Central PMC7903258.
- Waksmunski, AR, Song, YE, Kinzy, TG, Laux, RA, Sewell, J, Fuzzell, D, Fuzzell, S, Miller, S, Wiggs, JL, Pasquale, LR et al.. The GGLEAM Study: Understanding Glaucoma in the Ohio Amish. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2021; 18 (4): . PubMed PMID:33561996 PubMed Central PMC7915874.
- Griswold, AJ, Celis, K, Bussies, PL, Rajabli, F, Whitehead, PL, Hamilton-Nelson, KL, Beecham, GW, Dykxhoorn, DM, Nuytemans, K, Wang, L et al.. Increased APOE ε4 expression is associated with the difference in Alzheimer's disease risk from diverse ancestral backgrounds. Alzheimers Dement 2021; : . PubMed PMID:33522086 .
- Ramos, J, Chowdhury, AR, Caywood, LJ, Prough, M, Denise Fuzzell, M, Fuzzell, S, Miskimen, K, Whitehead, PL, Adams, LD, Laux, R et al.. Lower Levels of Education Are Associated with Cognitive Impairment in the Old Order Amish. J Alzheimers Dis 2021; 79 (1): 451-458. PubMed PMID:33285633 .
- Kunkle, BW, Schmidt, M, Klein, HU, Naj, AC, Hamilton-Nelson, KL, Larson, EB, Evans, DA, De Jager, PL, Crane, PK, Buxbaum, JD et al.. Novel Alzheimer Disease Risk Loci and Pathways in African American Individuals Using the African Genome Resources Panel: A Meta-analysis. JAMA Neurol 2021; 78 (1): 102-113. PubMed PMID:33074286 PubMed Central PMC7573798.
- Lancour, D, Dupuis, J, Mayeux, R, Haines, JL, Pericak-Vance, MA, Schellenberg, GC, Crovella, M, Farrer, LA, Kasif, S. Analysis of brain region-specific co-expression networks reveals clustering of established and novel genes associated with Alzheimer disease. Alzheimers Res Ther 2020; 12 (1): 103. PubMed PMID:32878640 PubMed Central PMC7469336.
- Dumitrescu, L, Mahoney, ER, Mukherjee, S, Lee, ML, Bush, WS, Engelman, CD, Lu, Q, Fardo, DW, Trittschuh, EH, Mez, J et al.. Genetic variants and functional pathways associated with resilience to Alzheimer's disease. Brain 2020; 143 (8): 2561-2575. PubMed PMID:32844198 PubMed Central PMC7447518.