CHUN LI, PH.D.
Assistant Director for Education
Chun Li, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences. He has extensive experience in statistical genetics research and genetic data analysis. He is currently working on developing methods for detecting somatic changes using next-generation sequencing data. He is also interested in developing methods to efficiently mine electronic medical records. Active in collaborative research, he has been working with investigators in various fields such as cancer epidemiology, clinical pharmacology, ophthalmology, cardiovascular disease, autism, type 2 diabetes, etc. He has published in Nature Genetics, New England Journal of Medicine, Blood, American Journal of Human Genetics, Bioinformatics, etc.
- Huyghe, JR, Bien, SA, Harrison, TA, Kang, HM, Chen, S, Schmit, SL, Conti, DV, Qu, C, Jeon, J, Edlund, CK et al.. Discovery of common and rare genetic risk variants for colorectal cancer. Nat. Genet. 2019; 51 (1): 76-87. PubMed PMID:30510241 .
- Schmit, SL, Edlund, CK, Schumacher, FR, Gong, J, Harrison, TA, Huyghe, JR, Qu, C, Melas, M, Van Den Berg, DJ, Wang, H et al.. Novel Common Genetic Susceptibility Loci for Colorectal Cancer. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2018; : . PubMed PMID:29917119 .
- Feitosa, MF, Kraja, AT, Chasman, DI, Sung, YJ, Winkler, TW, Ntalla, I, Guo, X, Franceschini, N, Cheng, CY, Sim, X et al.. Novel genetic associations for blood pressure identified via gene-alcohol interaction in up to 570K individuals across multiple ancestries. PLoS ONE 2018; 13 (6): e0198166. PubMed PMID:29912962 PubMed Central PMC6005576.
- Zhao, S, Li, CI, Guo, Y, Sheng, Q, Shyr, Y. RnaSeqSampleSize: real data based sample size estimation for RNA sequencing. BMC Bioinformatics 2018; 19 (1): 191. PubMed PMID:29843589 PubMed Central PMC5975570.
- Sung, YJ, Winkler, TW, de Las Fuentes, L, Bentley, AR, Brown, MR, Kraja, AT, Schwander, K, Ntalla, I, Guo, X, Franceschini, N et al.. A Large-Scale Multi-ancestry Genome-wide Study Accounting for Smoking Behavior Identifies Multiple Significant Loci for Blood Pressure. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2018; 102 (3): 375-400. PubMed PMID:29455858 PubMed Central PMC5985266.
- Liu, Q, Li, C, Wanga, V, Shepherd, BE. Covariate-adjusted Spearman's rank correlation with probability-scale residuals. Biometrics 2018; 74 (2): 595-605. PubMed PMID:29131931 PubMed Central PMC5949238.
- Liu, Q, Shepherd, BE, Li, C, Harrell, FE Jr. Modeling continuous response variables using ordinal regression. Stat Med 2017; 36 (27): 4316-4335. PubMed PMID:28872693 PubMed Central PMC5675816.
- Li, CI, Samuels, DC, Zhao, YY, Shyr, Y, Guo, Y. Power and sample size calculations for high-throughput sequencing-based experiments. Brief. Bioinformatics 2018; 19 (6): 1247-1255. PubMed PMID:28605403 PubMed Central PMC6291796.
- Liu, Q, Wang, J, Zhao, Y, Li, CI, Stengel, KR, Acharya, P, Johnston, G, Hiebert, SW, Shyr, Y. Identification of active miRNA promoters from nuclear run-on RNA sequencing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017; 45 (13): e121. PubMed PMID:28460090 PubMed Central PMC5737662.
- Gabriel, M, Shaw, BE, Brazauskas, R, Chen, M, Margolis, DA, Sengelov, H, Dahlberg, A, Ahmed, IA, Delgado, D, Lazarus, HM et al.. Risk Factors for Subsequent Central Nervous System Tumors in Pediatric Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplant: A Study from the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR). Biol. Blood Marrow Transplant. 2017; 23 (8): 1320-1326. PubMed PMID:28411175 PubMed Central PMC5518678.