Dr. Erika Trapl is Assistant Professor in the Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences at Case Western Reserve University and Acting Director of the Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods. Dr. Trapl's research interests include little cigar and cigarillo use in the Cleveland area.
- Petermann, V, Zahnd, WE, Vanderpool, RC, Eberth, JM, Rohweder, C, Teal, R, Vu, M, Stradtman, L, Frost, E, Trapl, E et al.. How cancer programs identify and address the financial burdens of rural cancer patients. Support Care Cancer 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34655327 .
- Trapl, ES, VanFrank, B, Kava, CM, Trinh, V, Land, SR, Williams, RS, Frost, E, Babb, S. Smoking and cessation behaviors in patients at federally funded health centers - United States, 2014. Drug Alcohol Depend 2021; 221 : 108615. PubMed PMID:33652378 .
- Klein, EG, Koopman Gonzalez, S, Pike Moore, S, Bohnert, EJ, Quisenberry, AJ, Trapl, ES. Pulling Your Mask down to Smoke: Qualitative Themes from Young Adults on Nicotine Use during a Pandemic. Subst Use Misuse 2021; 56 (4): 437-441. PubMed PMID:33435783 PubMed Central PMC8078211.
- Trapl, E, Anesetti-Rothermel, A, Pike Moore, S, Gittleman, H. Association between school-based tobacco retailer exposures and young adolescent cigarette, cigar and e-cigarette use. Tob Control 2020; : . PubMed PMID:32817573 .
- Ishler, KJ, Flocke, SA, Albert, EL, Trapl, E, Gunzler, D. Cigarillo and multiple tobacco product use and nicotine dependence in adolescents and young adults. Addict Behav 2020; 111 : 106537. PubMed PMID:32795846 PubMed Central PMC7484124.
- Cavallo, D, Lim, R, Ishler, K, Pagano, M, Perovsek, R, Albert, E, Koopman Gonzalez, S, Trapl, E, Flocke, S. Effectiveness of Social Media Approaches to Recruiting Young Adult Cigarillo Smokers: Cross-Sectional Study. J Med Internet Res 2020; 22 (7): e12619. PubMed PMID:32459629 PubMed Central PMC7407257.
- Freedman, DA, Bell, BA, Clark, J, Ngendahimana, D, Borawski, E, Trapl, E, Pike, S, Sehgal, AR. Small Improvements in an Urban Food Environment Resulted in No Changes in Diet Among Residents. J Community Health 2021; 46 (1): 1-12. PubMed PMID:32170531 PubMed Central PMC7487057.
- Schlosser, AV, Joshi, K, Smith, S, Thornton, A, Bolen, SD, Trapl, ES. "The coupons and stuff just made it possible": economic constraints and patient experiences of a produce prescription program. Transl Behav Med 2019; 9 (5): 875-883. PubMed PMID:31570919 PubMed Central PMC6937548.
- Lim, R, Ishler, K, Trapl, E, Flocke, S. "Phantom smokers": Young cigarillo users who do not identify as smokers. Drug Alcohol Depend 2019; 204 : 107551. PubMed PMID:31541873 PubMed Central PMC6949010.
- Schlosser, AV, Smith, S, Joshi, K, Thornton, A, Trapl, ES, Bolen, S. "You Guys Really Care About Me…": a Qualitative Exploration of a Produce Prescription Program in Safety Net Clinics. J Gen Intern Med 2019; 34 (11): 2567-2574. PubMed PMID:31512182 PubMed Central PMC6848686.
Our PRCHN family is heartbroken about the passing of our friend Rev. Stanley Miller. He was a champion for his community and had a heart and smile that reached beyond Cleveland. Thank you, Stanley, for your wisdom, presence, and commitment to service. We will miss you greatly. Retweeted by Erika Trapl