Dr. Monica Webb Hooper is Director of the Office of Cancer Disparities Research at the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center and Professor of Oncology, Family Medicine, and Psychological Sciences at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Webb Hooper is a clinical health psychologist whose research interests are in the health behavior change of cancer risk behaviors, with an emphasis on the intersection between cancer prevention and control, and minority health and disparity elimination.
- Webb Hooper, M, Marshall, V, Pérez-Stable, EJ. COVID-19 Health Disparities and Adverse Social Determinants of Health. Behav Med ; 48 (2): 133-140. PubMed PMID:35318895 .
- Owusu, C, Margevicius, S, Nock, NL, Austin, K, Bennet, E, Cerne, S, Hergenroeder, P, Moore, HCF, Petkac, J, Schluchter, M et al.. A randomized controlled trial of the effect of supervised exercise on functional outcomes in older African American and non-Hispanic White breast cancer survivors: Are there racial differences in the effects of exercise on functional outcomes? Cancer 2022; 128 (12): 2320-2338. PubMed PMID:35289926 .
- Huang, LF, Hong, A, Cioffi, G, Alahmadi, A, Tang, TY, Ocuin, LM, Patil, N, Bajor, DL, Saltzman, JN, Mohamed, A et al.. Associations of Racial and Ethnic Category, Age, Comorbidities, and Socioeconomic Factors on Concordance to NCCN Guidelines for Patients With High-Risk Biliary Tract Cancers After Surgery. Front Oncol 2022; 12 : 771688. PubMed PMID:35273909 PubMed Central PMC8901570.
- Rodgers-Melnick, SN, Zanotti, K, Lee, RT, Webb Hooper, M. Demographic and Clinical Predictors of Engaging in Tobacco Cessation Counseling at a Comprehensive Cancer Center. JCO Oncol Pract 2022; 18 (5): e721-e730. PubMed PMID:34995104 .
- Webb Hooper, M, Mitchell, C, Marshall, VJ, Cheatham, C, Austin, K, Sanders, K, Grafton, LL. Responding to healthcare distrust among underserved communities: Phase II. Psychooncology 2022; 31 (1): 3-8. PubMed PMID:34985177 .
- Smith, DH, Raslan, S, Reis, IM, Al-Awady, A, Buitron, I, Perez, M, Liu, H, Halgowich, J, Gordon, C, Webb Hooper, M et al.. Decreased Levels of Soluble CD44 in a High-Risk Population following a Smoking Cessation Program. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2021; 18 (24): . PubMed PMID:34948786 PubMed Central PMC8700947.
- Webb Hooper, M, Miller, DB, Saldivar, E, Mitchell, C, Johnson, L, Burns, M, Huang, MC. Randomized controlled trial testing a video-text tobacco cessation intervention among economically disadvantaged African American adults. Psychol Addict Behav 2021; 35 (7): 769-777. PubMed PMID:34647777 PubMed Central PMC8938879.
- Asfar, T, Koru-Sengul, T, Antoni, MA, Dorsey, A, Ruano Herreria, EC, Lee, DJ, Webb Hooper, M. Recruiting racially and ethnically diverse smokers seeking treatment: Lessons learned from a smoking cessation randomized clinical trial. Addict Behav 2022; 124 : 107112. PubMed PMID:34530210 PubMed Central PMC8511330.
- D'Angelo, H, Webb Hooper, M, Burris, JL, Rolland, B, Adsit, R, Pauk, D, Rosenblum, M, Fiore, MC, Baker, TB. Achieving Equity in the Reach of Smoking Cessation Services Within the NCI Cancer Moonshot-Funded Cancer Center Cessation Initiative. Health Equity 2021; 5 (1): 424-430. PubMed PMID:34235367 PubMed Central PMC8237098.
- Hunter, CM, Chou, WS, Webb Hooper, M. Behavioral and social science in support of SARS-CoV-2 vaccination: National Institutes of Health initiatives. Transl Behav Med 2021; 11 (7): 1354-1358. PubMed PMID:34080616 PubMed Central PMC8195039.
@PierceLoriJ thank you for your very enlightening presentation on Equity in Cancer Care: Finding a Way Forward. It greatly resonated with our attendees. We are also deeply grateful for the time you provided to engage with our high school students. They had an amazing experience.