Dr. Monica Webb Hooper is Director of the Office of Cancer Disparities Research at the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center and Professor of Oncology, Family Medicine, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and Psychological Sciences at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Webb Hooper is a clinical health psychologist whose research interests are in the health behavior change of cancer risk behaviors, with an emphasis on the intersection between cancer prevention and control, and minority health and disparity elimination.
- Smiley, SL, DeAtley, T, Rubin, LF, Harvey, E, Kierstead, EC, Webb Hooper, M, Niaura, RS, Abrams, DB, Pearson, JL. Early Subjective Sensory Experiences with "cigalike" E-cigarettes Among African American Menthol Smokers: A Qualitative Study. Nicotine Tob. Res. 2017; : . PubMed PMID:28549156 .
- Smiley, SL, Elmasry, H, Webb Hooper, M, Niaura, RS, Hamilton, AB, Milburn, NG. Feasibility of Ecological Momentary Assessment of Daily Sexting and Substance Use Among Young Adult African American Gay and Bisexual Men: A Pilot Study. JMIR Res Protoc 2017; 6 (2): e9. PubMed PMID:28153816 PubMed Central PMC5314099.
- Webb Hooper, M, Kolar, SK. Racial/ethnic differences in electronic cigarette knowledge, social norms, and risk perceptions among current and former smokers. Addict Behav 2017; 67 : 86-91. PubMed PMID:28063324 .
- Webb Hooper, M, Kolar, SK. Racial/Ethnic Differences in Electronic Cigarette Use and Reasons for Use among Current and Former Smokers: Findings from a Community-Based Sample. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2016; 13 (10): . PubMed PMID:27754449 PubMed Central PMC5086748.
- Webb Hooper, M, Antoni, MH, Okuyemi, K, Dietz, NA, Resnicow, K. Randomized Controlled Trial of Group-Based Culturally Specific Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Among African American Smokers. Nicotine Tob. Res. 2017; 19 (3): 333-341. PubMed PMID:27613941 .
- Webb Hooper, M, Carver, CS. Reflexive reaction to feelings predicts failed smoking cessation better than does lack of general self-control. J Consult Clin Psychol 2016; 84 (7): 612-8. PubMed PMID:27077692 .
- Rodríguez Esquivel, D, Webb Hooper, M, Baker, EA, McNutt, MD. Culturally specific versus standard smoking cessation messages targeting Hispanics: An experiment. Psychol Addict Behav 2015; 29 (2): 283-9. PubMed PMID:26076096 .
- Webb Hooper, M, Kolar, SK. Distress, race/ethnicity and smoking cessation in treatment-seekers: implications for disparity elimination. Addiction 2015; 110 (9): 1495-504. PubMed PMID:25988505 .
- Webb Hooper, M, Baker, EA, Robinson, RG. Efficacy of a DVD-based smoking cessation intervention for African Americans. Nicotine Tob. Res. 2014; 16 (10): 1327-35. PubMed PMID:24838844 PubMed Central PMC4207871.
- Webb Hooper, M, Baker, EA, McNutt, MD. Racial/Ethnic differences among smokers: revisited and expanded to help seekers. Nicotine Tob. Res. 2014; 16 (5): 621-5. PubMed PMID:24336396 .