Dr. Monica Webb Hooper is Director of the Office of Cancer Disparities Research at the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center and Professor of Oncology, Family Medicine, and Psychological Sciences at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Webb Hooper is a clinical health psychologist whose research interests are in the health behavior change of cancer risk behaviors, with an emphasis on the intersection between cancer prevention and control, and minority health and disparity elimination.
- Griffith, DM, Efird, CR, Baskin, ML, Webb Hooper, M, Davis, RE, Resnicow, K. Cultural Sensitivity and Cultural Tailoring: Lessons Learned and Refinements After Two Decades of Incorporating Culture in Health Communication Research. Annu Rev Public Health 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37931182 .
- Webb Hooper, M, Pérez-Stable, EJ. Health equity is not possible without addressing disparities. Health Psychol 2023; 42 (9): 625-627. PubMed PMID:37589700 .
- Bello, MS, Zhang, Y, Cho, J, Kirkpatrick, MG, Pang, RD, Oliver, JA, Webb Hooper, M, Barrington-Trimis, JL, Ahluwalia, JS, Leventhal, AM et al.. Nicotine deprivation amplifies attentional bias toward racial discrimination stimuli in African American adults who smoke cigarettes. Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37535524 .
- Webb Hooper, M, Carpenter, KM, Salmon, EE, Resnicow, K. Enhancing Tobacco Quitline Outcomes for African American Adults: An RCT of a Culturally Specific Intervention. Am J Prev Med 2023; 65 (6): 964-972. PubMed PMID:37302513 .
- Webb Hooper, M, Lee, DJ, Simmons, VN, Brandon, KO, Antoni, MH, Asfar, T, Koru-Sengul, T, Brandon, TH. Cognitive behavioral therapy versus general health education for smoking cessation: A randomized controlled trial among diverse treatment seekers. Psychol Addict Behav 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37141036 PubMed Central PMC10624643.
- Webb Hooper, M, Compton, WM, Walsh, ER, Hodes, RJ, Pérez-Stable, EJ. Harnessing the Power of Community-Engaged Science to Facilitate Access and Uptake of COVID-19 Testing: RADx-UP. Am J Public Health 2022; 112 (S9): S854-S857. PubMed PMID:36446064 PubMed Central PMC9707707.
- Jaworski, BK, Webb Hooper, M, Aklin, WM, Jean-Francois, B, Elwood, WN, Belis, D, Riley, WT, Hunter, CM. Advancing digital health equity: Directions for behavioral and social science research. Transl Behav Med 2023; 13 (3): 132-139. PubMed PMID:36318232 PubMed Central PMC10305798.
- Choi, K, Jones, JT, Ruybal, AL, McNeel, TS, Duarte, DA, Webb Hooper, M. Trends in Education-Related Smoking Disparities Among U.S. Black or African American and White Adults: Intersections of Race, Sex, and Region. Nicotine Tob Res 2023; 25 (4): 718-728. PubMed PMID:36239224 PubMed Central PMC10032197.
- Webb Hooper, M, Marshall, V, Pérez-Stable, EJ. COVID-19 Health Disparities and Adverse Social Determinants of Health. Behav Med 2022; 48 (2): 133-140. PubMed PMID:35318895 .
- Owusu, C, Margevicius, S, Nock, NL, Austin, K, Bennet, E, Cerne, S, Hergenroeder, P, Moore, HCF, Petkac, J, Schluchter, M et al.. A randomized controlled trial of the effect of supervised exercise on functional outcomes in older African American and non-Hispanic White breast cancer survivors: Are there racial differences in the effects of exercise on functional outcomes? Cancer 2022; 128 (12): 2320-2338. PubMed PMID:35289926 PubMed Central PMC9521567.