Dr. Jennifer Schrack is Assistant Professor of Epidemiology at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH). Dr. Schrack holds a joint position with the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, and she is affiliated with several Centers including the Center for AIDS Research, the Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study, and the Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research.
Dr. Schrack's primary area of research is the epidemiological assessment of physical activity and its associations with health and longevity in older populations. In collaboration with the SMART group from the JHSPH Department of Biostatistics, Dr. Schrack is working to establish methods to analyze and translate heart rate and accelerometry data into accurate and reliable measures of physical activity in older populations. In recognition of these efforts, Dr. Schrack was recently awarded a 2017 Johns Hopkins University Catalyst Award and a U01 from the National Institute on Aging.
- Tian, Q, Studenski, SA, An, Y, Kuo, PL, Schrack, JA, Wanigatunga, AA, Simonsick, EM, Resnick, SM, Ferrucci, L. Association of Combined Slow Gait and Low Activity Fragmentation With Later Onset of Cognitive Impairment. JAMA Netw Open 2021; 4 (11): e2135168. PubMed PMID:34792590 .
- Martinez-Amezcua, P, Suen, JJ, Lin, F, Schrack, JA, Deal, JA. Hearing impairment and objectively measured physical activity: A systematic review. J Am Geriatr Soc 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34713440 .
- Okoye, SM, Spira, AP, Perrin, NA, Schrack, JA, Han, HR, Wanigatunga, S, Nyhuis, C, Szanton, SL. Exterior housing conditions are associated with objective measures of poor sleep among low-income older adults with disabilities. Sleep Health 2021; : 648. PubMed PMID:34629322 .
- Dougherty, R, Liu, F, An, Y, Wanigatunga, AA, Tian, Q, Davatzikos, C, Simonsick, EM, Ferrucci, L, Resnick, SM, Schrack, JA et al.. Energetic cost of walking and Brain Atrophy in Mid-to-Late Life. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34628503 .
- Armstrong, NM, Wang, H, E, JY, Lin, FR, Abraham, AG, Ramulu, P, Resnick, SM, Tian, Q, Simonsick, E, Gross, AL et al.. Patterns of Prevalence of Multiple Sensory Impairments among Community-Dwelling Older Adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34608938 .
- Mok, Y, Ishigami, J, Sang, Y, Kucharska-Newton, AM, Salameh, M, Schrack, JA, Palta, P, Coresh, J, Windham, BG, Lutsey, PL et al.. Clinically recognized varicose veins and physical function in older individuals: the ARIC study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34606610 .
- Okoye, SM, Szanton, SL, Perrin, NA, Nkimbeng, M, Schrack, JA, Han, HR, Nyhuis, C, Wanigatunga, S, Spira, AP. Objectively measured sleep and physical function: Associations in low-income older adults with disabilities. Sleep Health 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34602384 .
- Wanigatunga, AA, Cai, Y, Urbanek, JK, Mitchell, CM, Roth, DL, Miller, ER, Michos, ED, Juraschek, SP, Walston, J, Xue, QL et al.. Objectively measured patterns of daily physical activity and phenotypic frailty. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34562073 .
- Juraschek, SP, Miller Rd, ER, Wanigatunga, AA, Schrack, JA, Michos, ED, Mitchell, CM, Kalyani, RR, Appel, LJ. Effects of Vitamin D Supplementation on Orthostatic Hypotension: Results from the STURDY Trial. Am J Hypertens 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34537827 .
- Chan, T, Wanigatunga, AA, Terracciano, A, Carlson, MC, Bandeen-Roche, K, Costa, PT, Simonsick, EM, Schrack, JA. Traits and treadmills: Association between personality and perceived fatigability in well-functioning community-dwelling older adults. Psychol Aging 2021; 36 (6): 710-717. PubMed PMID:34516174 PubMed Central PMC8442749.