Dr. Jennifer Schrack is Assistant Professor of Epidemiology at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (JHSPH). Dr. Schrack holds a joint position with the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, and she is affiliated with several Centers including the Center for AIDS Research, the Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study, and the Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research.
Dr. Schrack's primary area of research is the epidemiological assessment of physical activity and its associations with health and longevity in older populations. In collaboration with the SMART group from the JHSPH Department of Biostatistics, Dr. Schrack is working to establish methods to analyze and translate heart rate and accelerometry data into accurate and reliable measures of physical activity in older populations. In recognition of these efforts, Dr. Schrack was recently awarded a 2017 Johns Hopkins University Catalyst Award and a U01 from the National Institute on Aging.
- Huang, AR, Reed, NS, Deal, JA, Arnold, M, Burgard, S, Chisolm, T, Couper, D, Glynn, NW, Gmelin, T, Goman, AM et al.. Depression and Health-Related Quality of Life Among Older Adults With Hearing Loss in the ACHIEVE Study. J Appl Gerontol 2023; : 7334648231212291. PubMed PMID:38016096 .
- Li, M, Huang, J, Budhathoki, C, Li, Q, Samuel, L, Szanton, SL, Schrack, JA, Li, J. Social Factors and Older Adults' Use of Wearable Activity Trackers: Before and During the First Wave of the COVID-19 Pandemic. J Appl Gerontol 2023; : 7334648231205417. PubMed PMID:37863099 .
- Marino, FR, Chen, X, Deal, JA, Simonsick, EM, Ferrucci, L, Schrack, JA, Wanigatunga, AA. Perceived Fatigability, Fatigue, and Mortality in Mid-to-Late Life in the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37847074 .
- Dougherty, R, Wang, H, Gross, AL, Schrack, JA, Agrawal, Y, Davatzikos, C, Cai, Y, Simonsick, EM, Ferrucci, L, Resnick, SM et al.. Shared and distinct associations of manual dexterity and gross motor function with brain atrophy. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37837441 .
- Twardzik, E, Falvey, JR, Clarke, PJ, Freedman, VA, Schrack, JA. Public transit stop density is associated with walking for exercise among a national sample of older adults. BMC Geriatr 2023; 23 (1): 596. PubMed PMID:37752411 PubMed Central PMC10521449.
- Liu, F, Austin, TR, Schrack, JA, Chen, J, Walston, J, Mathias, RA, Grams, M, Odden, MC, Newman, A, Psaty, BM et al.. Late-life plasma proteins associated with prevalent and incident frailty: A proteomic analysis. Aging Cell 2023; 22 (11): e13975. PubMed PMID:37697678 PubMed Central PMC10652348.
- Petriceks, AH, Appel, LJ, Miller, ER 3rd, Mitchell, CM, Schrack, JA, Mukamal, KJ, Lipsitz, LA, Wanigatunga, AA, Plante, TB, Michos, ED et al.. Timing of orthostatic hypotension and its relationship with falls in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37668347 .
- Skow, LF, Sharrett, AR, Gottesman, RF, Coresh, J, Deal, JA, Palta, P, Sullivan, KJ, Griswold, M, Schrack, JA, Windham, BG et al.. Mid-life Vascular Risk and Rate of Physical Function Decline among Older Adults: The Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities (ARIC) Study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37659100 .
- Chiu, V, Urbanek, JK, Wanigatunga, AA, Allison, MA, Ballew, SH, Mossavar-Rahmani, Y, Sotres-Alvarez, D, Gallo, LC, Xue, X, Talavera, GA et al.. The Association between Ankle-Brachial Index and Daily Patterns of Physical Activity: Results from the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos (HCHS/SOL). J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37596830 .
- Huang, AR, Reed, NS, Deal, JA, Arnold, M, Burgard, S, Chisolm, T, Couper, D, Glynn, NW, Gmelin, T, Goman, AM et al.. Loneliness and Social Network Characteristics Among Older Adults with Hearing Loss in the ACHIEVE Study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37578190 .