Dr. Jennifer Schrack is Assistant Professor of Epidemiology at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health (JHSPH). Dr. Schrack holds a joint position with the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, and she is affiliated with several Centers including the Center for AIDS Research, Johns Hopkins Center on Aging and Health, the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study, and the Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research.
Dr. Schrack's primary area of research is the epidemiological assessment of physical activity and its associations with health and longevity in older populations. In collaboration with the SMART group from the JHSPH Department of Biostatistics, Dr. Schrack is working to establish methods to analyze and translate heart rate and accelerometry data into accurate and reliable measures of physical activity in older populations. In recognition of these efforts, Dr. Schrack was recently awarded a 2017 Johns Hopkins University Catalyst Award.
- Nastasi, AJ, Ahuja, A, Zipunnikov, V, Simonsick, EM, Ferrucci, L, Schrack, JA. Objectively Measured Physical Activity and Falls in Well-Functioning Older Adults: Findings From the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2017; : . PubMed PMID:28915202 .
- Gross, AL, Lu, H, Meoni, L, Gallo, JJ, Schrack, JA, Sharrett, AR. Physical Activity in Midlife is not Associated with Cognitive Health in Later Life Among Cognitively Normal Older Adults. J. Alzheimers Dis. 2017; 59 (4): 1349-1358. PubMed PMID:28759969 .
- Schrack, JA, Gresham, G, Wanigatunga, AA. Understanding physical activity in cancer patients and survivors: new methodology, new challenges, and new opportunities. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud 2017; 3 (4): . PubMed PMID:28679694 PubMed Central PMC5495035.
- Coyle, PC, Schrack, JA, Hicks, GE. Pain Energy Model of Mobility Limitation in the Older Adult. Pain Med 2017; : . PubMed PMID:28531299 .
- Florido, R, Ndumele, CE, Kwak, L, Pang, Y, Matsushita, K, Schrack, JA, Lazo, M, Nambi, V, Blumenthal, RS, Folsom, AR et al.. Physical Activity, Obesity, and Subclinical Myocardial Damage. JACC Heart Fail 2017; 5 (5): 377-384. PubMed PMID:28449797 PubMed Central PMC5412715.
- Cooper, R, Huang, L, Hardy, R, Crainiceanu, A, Harris, T, Schrack, JA, Crainiceanu, C, Kuh, D. Obesity History and Daily Patterns of Physical Activity at Age 60-64 Years: Findings From the MRC National Survey of Health and Development. J. Gerontol. A Biol. Sci. Med. Sci. 2017; 72 (10): 1424-1430. PubMed PMID:28329086 .
- Schrack, JA, Jacobson, LP, Althoff, KN, Erlandson, KM, Jamieson, BD, Koletar, SL, Phair, J, Brown, TT, Margolick, JB, Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study et al.. Effect of HIV-infection and cumulative viral load on age-related decline in grip strength. AIDS 2016; 30 (17): 2645-2652. PubMed PMID:27603294 PubMed Central PMC5083134.
- Dias, JP, Schrack, JA, Shardell, MD, Egan, JM, Studenski, S. Association of abdominal fat with serum amylase in an older cohort: The Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging. Diabetes Res. Clin. Pract. 2016; 116 : 212-7. PubMed PMID:27321338 .
- Simonsick, EM, Glynn, NW, Jerome, GJ, Shardell, M, Schrack, JA, Ferrucci, L. Fatigued, but Not Frail: Perceived Fatigability as a Marker of Impending Decline in Mobility-Intact Older Adults. J Am Geriatr Soc 2016; 64 (6): 1287-92. PubMed PMID:27253228 PubMed Central PMC4914474.
- Ferrucci, L, Cooper, R, Shardell, M, Simonsick, EM, Schrack, JA, Kuh, D. Age-Related Change in Mobility: Perspectives From Life Course Epidemiology and Geroscience. J. Gerontol. A Biol. Sci. Med. Sci. 2016; 71 (9): 1184-94. PubMed PMID:26975983 PubMed Central PMC4978365.