Dr. Stefanie Ebelt Sarnat is Associate Professor of Environmental Health at Emory University. Dr. Sarnat's research focuses on examining cardiovascular and respiratory effects of ambient air quality using population- and panel-based approaches. Dr. Sarnat leads several large-scale time-series studies of ambient air quality and acute morbidity, with specific interests in assessing the health impacts of air pollution, meteorological conditions, and weather extremes. Her research also includes field investigations, with detailed exposure and health outcome data collected in panels of susceptible individuals.
- Raysoni, AU, Stock, TH, Sarnat, JA, Chavez, MC, Sarnat, SE, Montoya, T, Holguin, F, Li, WW. Evaluation of VOC concentrations in indoor and outdoor microenvironments at near-road schools. Environ. Pollut. 2017; 231 (Pt 1): 681-693. PubMed PMID:28850936 .
- Ladva, CN, Golan, R, Greenwald, R, Yu, T, Sarnat, SE, Flanders, WD, Uppal, K, Walker, DI, Tran, V, Liang, D et al.. Metabolomic profiles of plasma, exhaled breath condensate, and saliva are correlated with potential for air toxics detection. J Breath Res 2017; : . PubMed PMID:28808178 .
- O' Lenick, CR, Chang, HH, Kramer, MR, Winquist, A, Mulholland, JA, Friberg, MD, Sarnat, SE. Erratum to: Ozone and childhood respiratory disease in three US cities: evaluation of effect measure modification by neighborhood socioeconomic status using a Bayesian hierarchical approach. Environ Health 2017; 16 (1): 63. PubMed PMID:28629422 PubMed Central PMC5477269.
- O' Lenick, CR, Chang, HH, Kramer, MR, Winquist, A, Mulholland, JA, Friberg, MD, Sarnat, SE. Ozone and childhood respiratory disease in three US cities: evaluation of effect measure modification by neighborhood socioeconomic status using a Bayesian hierarchical approach. Environ Health 2017; 16 (1): 36. PubMed PMID:28381221 PubMed Central PMC5382444.
- O'Lenick, CR, Winquist, A, Chang, HH, Kramer, MR, Mulholland, JA, Grundstein, A, Sarnat, SE. Evaluation of individual and area-level factors as modifiers of the association between warm-season temperature and pediatric asthma morbidity in Atlanta, GA. Environ. Res. 2017; 156 : 132-144. PubMed PMID:28342349 .
- Ye, D, Klein, M, Chang, HH, Sarnat, JA, Mulholland, JA, Edgerton, ES, Winquist, A, Tolbert, PE, Sarnat, SE. Estimating Acute Cardiorespiratory Effects of Ambient Volatile Organic Compounds. Epidemiology 2017; 28 (2): 197-206. PubMed PMID:27984424 PubMed Central PMC5285400.
- Sarnat, SE, Chang, HH, Weber, RJ. Ambient PM2.5 and Health: Does PM2.5 Oxidative Potential Play a Role? Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2016; 194 (5): 530-1. PubMed PMID:27585377 .
- Pearce, JL, Waller, LA, Sarnat, SE, Chang, HH, Klein, M, Mulholland, JA, Tolbert, PE. Characterizing the spatial distribution of multiple pollutants and populations at risk in Atlanta, Georgia. Spat Spatiotemporal Epidemiol 2016; 18 : 13-23. PubMed PMID:27494956 PubMed Central PMC4977533.
- Levy, K, Klein, M, Sarnat, SE, Panwhar, S, Huttinger, A, Tolbert, P, Moe, C. Refined assessment of associations between drinking water residence time and emergency department visits for gastrointestinal illness in Metro Atlanta, Georgia. J Water Health 2016; 14 (4): 672-81. PubMed PMID:27441862 PubMed Central PMC5468164.
- O'Lenick, CR, Winquist, A, Mulholland, JA, Friberg, MD, Chang, HH, Kramer, MR, Darrow, LA, Sarnat, SE. Assessment of neighbourhood-level socioeconomic status as a modifier of air pollution-asthma associations among children in Atlanta. J Epidemiol Community Health 2017; 71 (2): 129-136. PubMed PMID:27422981 .