Dr. Stefanie Ebelt Sarnat is Associate Professor of Environmental Health at Emory University. Dr. Sarnat's research focuses on examining cardiovascular and respiratory effects of ambient air quality using population- and panel-based approaches. Dr. Sarnat leads several large-scale time-series studies of ambient air quality and acute morbidity, with specific interests in assessing the health impacts of air pollution, meteorological conditions, and weather extremes. Her research also includes field investigations, with detailed exposure and health outcome data collected in panels of susceptible individuals.
- Reich, BJ, Guan, Y, Fourches, D, Warren, JL, Sarnat, SE, Chang, HH. INTEGRATIVE STATISTICAL METHODS FOR EXPOSURE MIXTURES AND HEALTH. Ann Appl Stat 2020; 14 (4): 1945-1963. PubMed PMID:35284031 PubMed Central PMC8914338.
- Moutinho, JL, Liang, D, Golan, R, Sarnat, SE, Weber, R, Sarnat, JA, Russell, AG. Near-road Vehicle Emissions Air Quality Monitoring for Exposure Modeling. Atmos Environ (1994) 2020; 224 : . PubMed PMID:32189987 PubMed Central PMC7080188.
- Tapia, V, Steenland, K, Sarnat, SE, Vu, B, Liu, Y, Sánchez-Ccoyllo, O, Vasquez, V, Gonzales, GF. Time-series analysis of ambient PM2.5 and cardiorespiratory emergency room visits in Lima, Peru during 2010-2016. J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 2020; 30 (4): 680-688. PubMed PMID:31745179 PubMed Central PMC7234897.
- Lee, D, Chang, HH, Sarnat, SE, Levy, K. Precipitation and Salmonellosis Incidence in Georgia, USA: Interactions between Extreme Rainfall Events and Antecedent Rainfall Conditions. Environ Health Perspect 2019; 127 (9): 97005. PubMed PMID:31536392 PubMed Central PMC6792369.
- Pennington, AF, Strickland, MJ, Gass, K, Klein, M, Sarnat, SE, Tolbert, PE, Balachandran, S, Chang, HH, Russell, AG, Mulholland, JA et al.. Source-Apportioned PM2.5 and Cardiorespiratory Emergency Department Visits: Accounting for Source Contribution Uncertainty. Epidemiology 2019; 30 (6): 789-798. PubMed PMID:31469699 PubMed Central PMC6768727.
- Yu, X, Stuart, AL, Liu, Y, Ivey, CE, Russell, AG, Kan, H, Henneman, LRF, Sarnat, SE, Hasan, S, Sadmani, A et al.. On the accuracy and potential of Google Maps location history data to characterize individual mobility for air pollution health studies. Environ Pollut 2019; 252 (Pt A): 924-930. PubMed PMID:31226517 .
- Liang, D, Ladva, CN, Golan, R, Yu, T, Walker, DI, Sarnat, SE, Greenwald, R, Uppal, K, Tran, V, Jones, DP et al.. Perturbations of the arginine metabolome following exposures to traffic-related air pollution in a panel of commuters with and without asthma. Environ Int 2019; 127 : 503-513. PubMed PMID:30981021 PubMed Central PMC6513706.
- Abrams, JY, Klein, M, Henneman, LRF, Sarnat, SE, Chang, HH, Strickland, MJ, Mulholland, JA, Russell, AG, Tolbert, PE. Impact of air pollution control policies on cardiorespiratory emergency department visits, Atlanta, GA, 1999-2013. Environ Int 2019; 126 : 627-634. PubMed PMID:30856450 .
- Bates, JT, Fang, T, Verma, V, Zeng, L, Weber, RJ, Tolbert, PE, Abrams, JY, Sarnat, SE, Klein, M, Mulholland, JA et al.. Review of Acellular Assays of Ambient Particulate Matter Oxidative Potential: Methods and Relationships with Composition, Sources, and Health Effects. Environ Sci Technol 2019; 53 (8): 4003-4019. PubMed PMID:30830764 .
- Krall, JR, Chang, HH, Waller, LA, Mulholland, JA, Winquist, A, Talbott, EO, Rager, JR, Tolbert, PE, Sarnat, SE. A multicity study of air pollution and cardiorespiratory emergency department visits: Comparing approaches for combining estimates across cities. Environ Int 2018; 120 : 312-320. PubMed PMID:30107292 PubMed Central PMC6218942.
"Emory's willingness to add climate change to the curriculum earned it top ranking in the Planetary Health Report Card" @EmoryMedicine @GHOPEmory @EmoryClimTalks @ClimateAtEmory @emoryimchiefs @EmoryNeurology @YombeFonkeu @MayaWergeles @HEMarcovitch eenews.net/stories/106373… Retweeted by Climate@Emory
What a great story by @carolrclark on our latest work! "...just centimeter-scale displacement of icebergs that are hundreds of meters in size generates the start of a de-coherent flow that leads to a calving event..." @Emory_Physics @EmoryNews @GlacierHub news.emory.edu/features/2021/… Retweeted by Climate@Emory
Happy Earth Day!! A sustainability grade to be proud of for @EmoryMedicine and @EmoryUniversity 🥳! Grateful for the leadership of @EmoryGreen & @ClimateAtEmory. And this report gifted us a new set of goals to bolster green initiatives at SOM/EHC ahead of PHRC 2022 😊!! twitter.com/phreportcard/s… Retweeted by Climate@Emory
What @esaikawa and her student found in the Westside was “both shocking and heartbreaking.”The EPA was called and found metal levels in the soil high enough to classify more than 1,000 properties in the neighborhood as Superfund sites links.emory.edu/7T via @EmoryUniversity Retweeted by Climate@Emory