Katrina Goddard is Distinguished Investigator and Associate Director of the Science Programs at Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research in Portland, OR. Katrina is genetic epidemiologist who focuses on public health genomics and the translation of genetic testing into practice. Prior to joining the Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research in 2007, she was faculty in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics (now Population and Quantitative Health Sciences) at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. She was also a mid-career fellow at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Genetics & Public Health Research and Practice. At Kaiser, she was the founding director for the NW Biobank, and she is currently a PI of Kaiser's Cancer Health Assessments Reaching Many (CHARM) study as part of the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)-funded Clinical Sequencing Evidence-Generating Research (CSER2) consortium.
- Guo, B, Knerr, S, Kauffman, TL, Mittendorf, KF, Keast, E, Gilmore, MJ, Feigelson, HS, Lynch, FL, Muessig, KR, Okuyama, S et al.. Risk management actions following genetic testing in the Cancer Health Assessments Reaching Many (CHARM) Study: A prospective cohort study. Cancer Med 2023; 12 (18): 19112-19125. PubMed PMID:37644850 PubMed Central PMC10557878.
- Knerr, S, Guo, B, Wernli, KJ, Mittendorf, KF, Feigelson, HS, Gilmore, MJ, Jarvik, GP, Kauffman, TL, Keast, E, Liles, EG et al.. Longitudinal adherence to breast cancer surveillance following cancer genetic testing in an integrated health care system. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2023; 201 (3): 461-470. PubMed PMID:37470892 PubMed Central PMC10503958.
- Hunter, JE, Riddle, L, Joseph, G, Amendola, LM, Gilmore, MJ, Zepp, JM, Shuster, E, Bulkley, JE, Muessig, KR, Anderson, KP et al.. Most people share genetic test results with relatives even if the findings are normal: Family communication in a diverse population. Genet Med 2023; 25 (11): 100923. PubMed PMID:37421176 .
- Turbitt, E, Kohler, JN, Angelo, F, Miller, IM, Lewis, KL, Goddard, KAB, Wilfond, BS, Biesecker, BB, Leo, MC. The PrU: Development and validation of a measure to assess personal utility of genomic results. Genet Med 2023; 25 (3): 100356. PubMed PMID:36516964 .
- Joseph, G, Leo, MC, Riddle, L, Guerra, C, Amendola, LM, Gilmore, MJ, Rolf, BA, Dorschner, MO, Zepp, J, Biesecker, BB et al.. An accessible, relational, inclusive, and actionable (ARIA) model of genetic counseling compared with usual care: Results of a randomized controlled trial. Genet Med 2022; 24 (11): 2228-2239. PubMed PMID:36053287 .
- Mittendorf, KF, Lewis, HS, Duenas, DM, Eubanks, DJ, Gilmore, MJ, Goddard, KAB, Joseph, G, Kauffman, TL, Kraft, SA, Lindberg, NM et al.. Literacy-adapted, electronic family history assessment for genetics referral in primary care: patient user insights from qualitative interviews. Hered Cancer Clin Pract 2022; 20 (1): 22. PubMed PMID:35689290 PubMed Central PMC9188215.
- Knerr, S, Guo, B, Mittendorf, KF, Feigelson, HS, Gilmore, MJ, Jarvik, GP, Kauffman, TL, Keast, E, Lynch, FL, Muessig, KR et al.. Risk-reducing surgery in unaffected individuals receiving cancer genetic testing in an integrated health care system. Cancer 2022; 128 (16): 3090-3098. PubMed PMID:35679147 PubMed Central PMC9308746.
- Liles, EG, Leo, MC, Freed, AS, Porter, KM, Zepp, JM, Kauffman, TL, Keast, E, McMullen, CK, Gruß, I, Biesecker, BB et al.. ORCA, a values-based decision aid for selecting additional findings from genomic sequencing in adults: Efficacy results from a randomized trial. Genet Med 2022; 24 (8): 1664-1674. PubMed PMID:35522237 PubMed Central PMC9586129.
- Crain, PR, Zepp, JM, Gille, S, Jenkins, L, Kauffman, TL, Shuster, E, Goddard, KAB, Wilfond, BS, Hunter, JE. Identifying patients with Lynch syndrome using a universal tumor screening program in an integrated healthcare system. Hered Cancer Clin Pract 2022; 20 (1): 17. PubMed PMID:35436948 PubMed Central PMC9014602.
- Goddard, KAB, Lee, K, Buchanan, AH, Powell, BC, Hunter, JE. Establishing the Medical Actionability of Genomic Variants. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 2022; 23 : 173-192. PubMed PMID:35363504 PubMed Central PMC10184682.