Ky'Era Actkins is a graduate student in Biomedical Sciences at Meharray Medical College in Nashville, TN. Ky'Era earned a Bachelor's of Science at the University of Alabama majoring in Biology. Ky'Era is a graduate student in the laboratory of Dr. Lea Davis at Vanderbilt University Medical Center as part of the Meharry-Vanderbilt Alliance, and she is interested in using computational genomics to study health disparities with a focus on reproductive health. Her research currently focuses on polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), where she as part of the electronic Medical Records & Genomics (eMERGE) Network have developed computable phenotyping approaches to identify cases of PCOS for downstream genomic studies. Ky'Era is also interested in diversity in research, and she is currently a member of the American Society of Human Genetics Diversity & Inclusion Task Force.
- Vue, Z, Neikirk, K, Vang, L, Garza-Lopez, E, Christensen, TA, Shao, J, Lam, J, Beasley, HK, Marshall, AG, Crabtree, A et al.. Three-dimensional mitochondria reconstructions of murine cardiac muscle changes in size across aging. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2023; 325 (5): H965-H982. PubMed PMID:37624101 .
- Actkins, KV, Jean-Pierre, G, Aldrich, MC, Velez Edwards, DR, Davis, LK. Sex modifies the effect of genetic risk scores for polycystic ovary syndrome on metabolic phenotypes. PLoS Genet 2023; 19 (5): e1010764. PubMed PMID:37256887 PubMed Central PMC10259776.
- Harmon, QE, Actkins, KV, Baird, DD. Fibroid Prevalence-Still So Much to Learn. JAMA Netw Open 2023; 6 (5): e2312682. PubMed PMID:37163271 .
- Actkins, KV, Beasley, HK, Faucon, AB, Davis, LK, Sakwe, AM. Calcium-Sensing Receptor Polymorphisms at rs1801725 Are Associated with Increased Risk of Secondary Malignancies. J Pers Med 2021; 11 (7): . PubMed PMID:34357109 PubMed Central PMC8304025.
- Actkins, KV, Srinivasan, S, Spees, LP, Turbitt, E, Allen, CG, Roberts, MC. Uptake of Genetic Testing Among Patients with Cancer At Risk for Lynch Syndrome in the National Health Interview Survey. Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2021; 14 (10): 927-932. PubMed PMID:34341014 PubMed Central PMC8492535.
- Dennis, JK, Sealock, JM, Straub, P, Lee, YH, Hucks, D, Actkins, K, Faucon, A, Feng, YA, Ge, T, Goleva, SB et al.. Clinical laboratory test-wide association scan of polygenic scores identifies biomarkers of complex disease. Genome Med 2021; 13 (1): 6. PubMed PMID:33441150 PubMed Central PMC7807864.
- Actkins, KV, Singh, K, Hucks, D, Velez Edwards, DR, Aldrich, M, Cha, J, Wellons, M, Davis, LK. Characterizing the Clinical and Genetic Spectrum of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Electronic Health Records. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2021; 106 (1): 153-167. PubMed PMID:32961557 PubMed Central PMC7765638.
- Zhang, Y, Ho, K, Keaton, JM, Hartzel, DN, Day, F, Justice, AE, Josyula, NS, Pendergrass, SA, Actkins, K, Davis, LK et al.. A genome-wide association study of polycystic ovary syndrome identified from electronic health records. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2020; 223 (4): 559.e1-559.e21. PubMed PMID:32289280 .
- Joo, YY, Actkins, K, Pacheco, JA, Basile, AO, Carroll, R, Crosslin, DR, Day, F, Denny, JC, Velez Edwards, DR, Hakonarson, H et al.. A Polygenic and Phenotypic Risk Prediction for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Evaluated by Phenome-Wide Association Studies. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2020; 105 (6): 1918-36. PubMed PMID:31917831 PubMed Central PMC7453038.