Dr. Marylyn Ritchie is Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Director, Center for Systems Genomics at the Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Ritchie is also Director of the new Biomedical and Translational Informatics at Geisinger Clinic. Dr. Ritchie’s research interests as a statistical geneticist include the development and application of novel statistical and computational methods to identify genetic variants associated with human diseases. Dr. Ritchie’s lab places a special emphasis on the development of methods to detect gene-gene interactions, gene-environment interactions, and network/pathway effects associated with disease. Dr. Ritchie has extensive experience in Big Data science and the use of electronic health records in genomic research. Dr. Ritchie has been the electronic MEdical Records & GEnomics (eMERGE) Coordinating Center genomics lead for the past eight years. Dr. Ritchie’s other accomplishments include being named Genome Technology’s “Rising Young Investigator” (2006), a Sloan Research Fellow (2010), and a Kavli Frontiers in Sciences fellow by the National Academy of Science (2011-2014). Dr. Ritchie was most recently named Thomas Reuters Most Highly Cited Researchers in 2014.
- Zhang, C, Verma, A, Feng, Y, Melo, MCR, McQuillan, M, Hansen, M, Lucas, A, Park, J, Ranciaro, A, Thompson, S et al.. Impact of natural selection on global patterns of genetic variation and association with clinical phenotypes at genes involved in SARS-CoV-2 infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2022; 119 (21): e2123000119. PubMed PMID:35580180 .
- Cindi, Z, Kawuma, AN, Maartens, G, Bradford, Y, Venter, F, Sokhela, S, Chandiwana, N, Wasmann, RE, Denti, P, Wiesner, L et al.. Pharmacogenetics of dolutegravir plasma exposure among Southern Africans living with HIV. J Infect Dis 2022; : . PubMed PMID:35512135 .
- Wiley, K, Findley, L, Goldrich, M, Rakhra-Burris, TK, Stevens, A, Williams, P, Bult, CJ, Chisholm, R, Deverka, P, Ginsburg, GS et al.. A research agenda to support the development and implementation of genomics-based clinical informatics tools and resources. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2022; : . PubMed PMID:35485600 .
- Verma, A, Tsao, NL, Thomann, LO, Ho, YL, Iyengar, SK, Luoh, SW, Carr, R, Crawford, DC, Efird, JT, Huffman, JE et al.. A Phenome-Wide Association Study of genes associated with COVID-19 severity reveals shared genetics with complex diseases in the Million Veteran Program. PLoS Genet 2022; 18 (4): e1010113. PubMed PMID:35482673 PubMed Central PMC9049369.
- Chand, GB, Singhal, P, Dwyer, DB, Wen, J, Erus, G, Doshi, J, Srinivasan, D, Mamourian, E, Varol, E, Sotiras, A et al.. Schizophrenia Imaging Signatures and Their Associations With Cognition, Psychopathology, and Genetics in the General Population. Am J Psychiatry 2022; : appiajp21070686. PubMed PMID:35410495 .
- Wen, J, Fu, CHY, Tosun, D, Veturi, Y, Yang, Z, Abdulkadir, A, Mamourian, E, Srinivasan, D, Skampardoni, I, Singh, A et al.. Characterizing Heterogeneity in Neuroimaging, Cognition, Clinical Symptoms, and Genetics Among Patients With Late-Life Depression. JAMA Psychiatry 2022; 79 (5): 464-474. PubMed PMID:35262657 PubMed Central PMC8908227.
- Kousathanas, A, Pairo-Castineira, E, Rawlik, K, Stuckey, A, Odhams, CA, Walker, S, Russell, CD, Malinauskas, T, Wu, Y, Millar, J et al.. Whole genome sequencing reveals host factors underlying critical Covid-19. Nature 2022; : . PubMed PMID:35255492 .
- Horowitz, JE, Kosmicki, JA, Damask, A, Sharma, D, Roberts, GHL, Justice, AE, Banerjee, N, Coignet, MV, Yadav, A, Leader, JB et al.. Genome-wide analysis provides genetic evidence that ACE2 influences COVID-19 risk and yields risk scores associated with severe disease. Nat Genet 2022; 54 (4): 382-392. PubMed PMID:35241825 PubMed Central PMC9005345.
- Bellomo, TR, Bone, WP, Chen, BY, Gawronski, KAB, Zhang, D, Park, J, Levin, M, Tsao, N, Klarin, D, Lynch, J et al.. Multi-Trait Genome-Wide Association Study of Atherosclerosis Detects Novel Pleiotropic Loci. Front Genet 2021; 12 : 787545. PubMed PMID:35186008 PubMed Central PMC8847690.
- Haas, DW, Abdelwahab, MT, van Beek, SW, Baker, P, Maartens, G, Bradford, Y, Ritchie, MD, Wasserman, S, Meintjes, G, Beeri, K et al.. Pharmacogenetics of Between-Individual Variability in Plasma Clearance of Bedaquiline and Clofazimine in South Africa. J Infect Dis 2022; : . PubMed PMID:35091749 .