Dr. Marylyn Ritchie is Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Director, Center for Systems Genomics at the Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Ritchie is also Director of the new Biomedical and Translational Informatics at Geisinger Clinic. Dr. Ritchie’s research interests as a statistical geneticist include the development and application of novel statistical and computational methods to identify genetic variants associated with human diseases. Dr. Ritchie’s lab places a special emphasis on the development of methods to detect gene-gene interactions, gene-environment interactions, and network/pathway effects associated with disease. Dr. Ritchie has extensive experience in Big Data science and the use of electronic health records in genomic research. Dr. Ritchie has been the electronic MEdical Records & GEnomics (eMERGE) Coordinating Center genomics lead for the past eight years. Dr. Ritchie’s other accomplishments include being named Genome Technology’s “Rising Young Investigator” (2006), a Sloan Research Fellow (2010), and a Kavli Frontiers in Sciences fellow by the National Academy of Science (2011-2014). Dr. Ritchie was most recently named Thomas Reuters Most Highly Cited Researchers in 2014.
- Hui, D, Mehrabi, S, Quimby, AE, Chen, T, Chen, S, Park, J, Li, B, Regeneron Genetics Center, Penn Medicine Biobank, Ruckenstein, MJ et al.. Gene burden analysis identifies genes associated with increased risk and severity of adult-onset hearing loss in a diverse hospital-based cohort. PLoS Genet 2023; 19 (1): e1010584. PubMed PMID:36656851 .
- Kanoni, S, Graham, SE, Wang, Y, Surakka, I, Ramdas, S, Zhu, X, Clarke, SL, Bhatti, KF, Vedantam, S, Winkler, TW et al.. Implicating genes, pleiotropy, and sexual dimorphism at blood lipid loci through multi-ancestry meta-analysis. Genome Biol 2022; 23 (1): 268. PubMed PMID:36575460 PubMed Central PMC9793579.
- Verma, A, Damrauer, SM, Naseer, N, Weaver, J, Kripke, CM, Guare, L, Sirugo, G, Kember, RL, Drivas, TG, Dudek, SM et al.. The Penn Medicine BioBank: Towards a Genomics-Enabled Learning Healthcare System to Accelerate Precision Medicine in a Diverse Population. J Pers Med 2022; 12 (12): . PubMed PMID:36556195 PubMed Central PMC9785650.
- Hui, D, Xiao, B, Dikilitas, O, Freimuth, RR, Irvin, MR, Jarvik, GP, Kottyan, L, Kullo, I, Limdi, NA, Liu, C et al.. Quantifying factors that affect polygenic risk score performance across diverse ancestries and age groups for body mass index. Pac Symp Biocomput 2023; 28 : 437-448. PubMed PMID:36540998 .
- Keat, K, Hui, D, Xiao, B, Bradford, Y, Cindi, Z, Daar, ES, Gulick, R, Riddler, SA, Sinxadi, P, Haas, DW et al.. Leveraging Multi-Ancestry Polygenic Risk Scores for Body Mass Index to Predict Antiretroviral Therapy-Induced Weight Gain. Pac Symp Biocomput 2023; 28 : 233-244. PubMed PMID:36540980 .
- Park, J, MacLean, MT, Lucas, AM, Torigian, DA, Schneider, CV, Cherlin, T, Xiao, B, Miller, JE, Bradford, Y, Judy, RL et al.. Exome-wide association analysis of CT imaging-derived hepatic fat in a medical biobank. Cell Rep Med 2022; 3 (12): 100855. PubMed PMID:36513072 PubMed Central PMC9798024.
- Verma, SS, Keat, K, Li, B, Hoffecker, G, Risman, M, Regeneron Genetics Center, Sangkuhl, K, Whirl-Carrillo, M, Dudek, S, Verma, A et al.. Evaluating the frequency and the impact of pharmacogenetic alleles in an ancestrally diverse Biobank population. J Transl Med 2022; 20 (1): 550. PubMed PMID:36443877 PubMed Central PMC9703665.
- Truong, VQ, Woerner, JA, Cherlin, TA, Bradford, Y, Lucas, AM, Okeh, CC, Shivakumar, MK, Hui, DH, Kumar, R, Pividori, M et al.. Quality Control Procedures for Genome-Wide Association Studies. Curr Protoc 2022; 2 (11): e603. PubMed PMID:36441943 .
- Levin, MG, Tsao, NL, Singhal, P, Liu, C, Vy, HMT, Paranjpe, I, Backman, JD, Bellomo, TR, Bone, WP, Biddinger, KJ et al.. Genome-wide association and multi-trait analyses characterize the common genetic architecture of heart failure. Nat Commun 2022; 13 (1): 6914. PubMed PMID:36376295 PubMed Central PMC9663424.
- Li, B, Sangkuhl, K, Keat, K, Whaley, RM, Woon, M, Verma, S, Dudek, S, Tuteja, S, Verma, A, Whirl-Carrillo, M et al.. How to Run the Pharmacogenomics Clinical Annotation Tool (PharmCAT). Clin Pharmacol Ther 2022; : . PubMed PMID:36350094 .