Dr. Marylyn Ritchie is Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Director, Center for Systems Genomics at the Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Ritchie is also Director of the new Biomedical and Translational Informatics at Geisinger Clinic. Dr. Ritchie’s research interests as a statistical geneticist include the development and application of novel statistical and computational methods to identify genetic variants associated with human diseases. Dr. Ritchie’s lab places a special emphasis on the development of methods to detect gene-gene interactions, gene-environment interactions, and network/pathway effects associated with disease. Dr. Ritchie has extensive experience in Big Data science and the use of electronic health records in genomic research. Dr. Ritchie has been the electronic MEdical Records & GEnomics (eMERGE) Coordinating Center genomics lead for the past eight years. Dr. Ritchie’s other accomplishments include being named Genome Technology’s “Rising Young Investigator” (2006), a Sloan Research Fellow (2010), and a Kavli Frontiers in Sciences fellow by the National Academy of Science (2011-2014). Dr. Ritchie was most recently named Thomas Reuters Most Highly Cited Researchers in 2014.
- Arthur, VL, Li, Z, Cao, R, Oetting, WS, Israni, AK, Jacobson, PA, Ritchie, MD, Guan, W, Chen, J. A Multi-Marker Test for Analyzing Paired Genetic Data in Transplantation. Front Genet 2021; 12 : 745773. PubMed PMID:34721531 PubMed Central PMC8548646.
- Li, B, Ritchie, MD. From GWAS to Gene: Transcriptome-Wide Association Studies and Other Methods to Functionally Understand GWAS Discoveries. Front Genet 2021; 12 : 713230. PubMed PMID:34659337 PubMed Central PMC8515949.
- Abramoff, BA, Dillingham, TR, Caldera, FE, Ritchie, MD, Pezzin, LE. Inpatient Rehabilitation Outcomes After Severe COVID-19 Infections: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2021; 100 (12): 1109-1114. PubMed PMID:34657085 PubMed Central PMC8594383.
- Buchanan, AH, Manickam, K, Meyer, MN, Wagner, JK, Hallquist, MLG, Williams, JL, Rahm, AK, Williams, MS, Chen, ZE, Shah, CK et al.. Correction to: Early cancer diagnoses through BRCA1/2 screening of unselected adult biobank participants. Genet Med 2021; 23 (12): 2470. PubMed PMID:34646007 .
- Verma, A, Tsao, NL, Thomann, L, Ho, YL, Iyengar, SK, Luoh, SW, Carr, R, Crawford, D, Efird, JT, Huffman, J et al.. A Phenome-Wide Association Study of genes associated with COVID-19 severity reveals shared genetics with complex diseases in the Million Veteran Program. medRxiv 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34642702 PubMed Central PMC8509103.
- Hartwell, EE, Merikangas, AK, Verma, SS, Ritchie, MD, Regeneron Genetics Center, Kranzler, HR, Kember, RL. Genetic liability for substance use associated with medical comorbidities in electronic health records of African- and European-ancestry individuals. Addict Biol 2021; : e13099. PubMed PMID:34611967 .
- Liu, X, Verma, A, Garcia, G Jr, Ramage, H, Lucas, A, Myers, RL, Michaelson, JJ, Coryell, W, Kumar, A, Charney, AW et al.. Targeting the coronavirus nucleocapsid protein through GSK-3 inhibition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2021; 118 (42): . PubMed PMID:34593624 PubMed Central PMC8594528.
- Park, J, Packard, EA, Levin, MG, Judy, RL, Regeneron Genetics Center, Damrauer, SM, Day, SM, Ritchie, MD, Rader, DJ. A genome-first approach to rare variants in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy genes MYBPC3 and MYH7 in a medical biobank. Hum Mol Genet 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34542152 .
- Holmes, JH, Beinlich, J, Boland, MR, Bowles, KH, Chen, Y, Cook, TS, Demiris, G, Draugelis, M, Fluharty, L, Gabriel, PE et al.. Why Is the Electronic Health Record So Challenging for Research and Clinical Care? Methods Inf Med 2021; 60 (1-02): 32-48. PubMed PMID:34282602 .
- Banday, AR, Stanifer, ML, Florez-Vargas, O, Onabajo, OO, Zahoor, MA, Papenberg, BW, Ring, TJ, Lee, CH, Andreakos, E, Arons, E et al.. Genetic regulation of OAS1 nonsense-mediated decay underlies association with risk of severe COVID-19. medRxiv 2021; : . PubMed PMID:34282422 PubMed Central PMC8288155.