Dr. Garrison is Assistant Professor in the Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics at Seattle Children’s Research Institute and Department of Pediatrics at the University of Washington. She is also faculty for the Summer internship for INdigenous peoples in Genomics (SING) Workshop, a competitive yearly one-week workshop covering the uses, misuses, and limitations of genomics as a tool for indigenous peoples' communities. Dr. Garrison's research interests include ethical issues in genetics research such as informed consent, issues with privacy and confidentiality, and special issues for diverse groups with a concentration on Native American communities.
- Kraft, SA, Porter, KM, Sullivan, TR, Anderson, EE, Garrison, NA, Baker, L, Smith, JM, Weiss, EM. Relationship building in pediatric research recruitment: Insights from qualitative interviews with research staff. J Clin Transl Sci 2022; 6 (1): e138. PubMed PMID:36590359 PubMed Central PMC9794958.
- Burke, W, Beans, JA, Cho, MK, Garrison, NA, Hiratsuka, V, Hopkins, S, Spicer, PG, Tsosie, KS, Woodahl, EL, Yracheta, JM et al.. Values and Practices to Strengthen Genetic Research Partnerships with Indigenous Communities. Prog Community Health Partnersh 2022; 16 (4): 583-592. PubMed PMID:36533507 .
- Carroll, SR, Plevel, R, Jennings, LL, Garba, I, Sterling, R, Cordova-Marks, FM, Hiratsuka, V, Hudson, M, Garrison, NA. Extending the CARE Principles from tribal research policies to benefit sharing in genomic research. Front Genet 2022; 13 : 1052620. PubMed PMID:36437947 PubMed Central PMC9691892.
- Epperson, AE, Carson, SL, Garcia, AN, Casillas, A, Castellon-Lopez, Y, Brown, AF, Garrison, NA. A qualitative study of COVID-19 vaccine decision making among urban Native Americans. Vaccine X 2022; 12 : 100212. PubMed PMID:36059599 PubMed Central PMC9423870.
- Lemke, AA, Esplin, ED, Goldenberg, AJ, Gonzaga-Jauregui, C, Hanchard, NA, Harris-Wai, J, Ideozu, JE, Isasi, R, Landstrom, AP, Prince, AER et al.. Addressing underrepresentation in genomics research through community engagement. Am J Hum Genet 2022; 109 (9): 1563-1571. PubMed PMID:36055208 PubMed Central PMC9502069.
- Beans, JA, Trinidad, SB, Blacksher, E, Hiratsuka, VY, Spicer, P, Woodahl, EL, Boyer, BB, Lewis, CM Jr, Gaffney, PM, Garrison, NA et al.. Communicating Precision Medicine Research: Multidisciplinary Teams and Diverse Communities. Public Health Genomics 2022; : 1-9. PubMed PMID:35998578 .
- Appelbaum, PS, Burke, W, Parens, E, Zeevi, DA, Arbour, L, Garrison, NA, Bonham, VL, Chung, WK. Is there a way to reduce the inequity in variant interpretation on the basis of ancestry? Am J Hum Genet 2022; 109 (6): 981-988. PubMed PMID:35659933 PubMed Central PMC9247826.
- Castellon-Lopez, YM, Carson, SL, Mansfield, L, Garrison, NA, Barron, J, Morris, D, Ntekume, E, Vassar, SD, Norris, KC, Brown, AF et al.. "The System Doesn't Let Us in"-A Call for Inclusive COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach Rooted in Los Angeles Latinos' Experience of Pandemic Hardships and Inequities. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2022; 19 (10): . PubMed PMID:35627322 PubMed Central PMC9141159.
- Fleskes, RE, Bader, AC, Tsosie, KS, Wagner, JK, Claw, KG, Garrison, NA. Ethical Guidance in Human Paleogenomics: New and Ongoing Perspectives. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 2022; 23 : 627-652. PubMed PMID:35537469 .
- Wang, T, Antonacci-Fulton, L, Howe, K, Lawson, HA, Lucas, JK, Phillippy, AM, Popejoy, AB, Asri, M, Carson, C, Chaisson, MJP et al.. The Human Pangenome Project: a global resource to map genomic diversity. Nature 2022; 604 (7906): 437-446. PubMed PMID:35444317 PubMed Central PMC9402379.