Dr. Garrison is Assistant Professor in the Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics at Seattle Children’s Research Institute and Department of Pediatrics at the University of Washington. She is also faculty for the Summer internship for INdigenous peoples in Genomics (SING) Workshop, a competitive yearly one-week workshop covering the uses, misuses, and limitations of genomics as a tool for indigenous peoples' communities. Dr. Garrison's research interests include ethical issues in genetics research such as informed consent, issues with privacy and confidentiality, and special issues for diverse groups with a concentration on Native American communities.
- Antommaria, AHM, Brothers, KB, Myers, JA, Feygin, YB, Aufox, SA, Brilliant, MH, Conway, P, Fullerton, SM, Garrison, NA, Horowitz, CR et al.. Parents' attitudes toward consent and data sharing in biobanks: A multisite experimental survey. AJOB Empir Bioeth 2018; : 1-15. PubMed PMID:30240342 .
- Hester, DM, Lang, KR, Garrison, NA, Diekema, DS. Agreed: The Harm Principle Cannot Replace the Best Interest Standard … but the Best Interest Standard Cannot Replace The Harm Principle Either. Am J Bioeth 2018; 18 (8): 38-40. PubMed PMID:30133400 .
- Claw, KG, Anderson, MZ, Begay, RL, Tsosie, KS, Fox, K, Garrison, NA, Summer internship for INdigenous peoples in Genomics (SING) Consortium. A framework for enhancing ethical genomic research with Indigenous communities. Nat Commun 2018; 9 (1): 2957. PubMed PMID:30054469 PubMed Central PMC6063854.
- Kelly-Blake, K, Garrison, NA, Fletcher, FE, Ajegba, B, Smith, N, Brafford, M, Bogdan-Lovis, E. Rationales for expanding minority physician representation in the workforce: a scoping review. Med Educ 2018; : . PubMed PMID:29932213 .
- Claw, KG, Lippert, D, Bardill, J, Cordova, A, Fox, K, Yracheta, JM, Bader, AC, Bolnick, DA, Malhi, RS, TallBear, K et al.. Chaco Canyon Dig Unearths Ethical Concerns. Hum. Biol. 2017; 89 (3): 177-180. PubMed PMID:29745246 PubMed Central PMC5951383.
- Bardill, J, Bader, AC, Garrison, NA, Bolnick, DA, Raff, JA, Walker, A, Malhi, RS, Summer internship for INdigenous peoples in Genomics (SING) Consortium. Advancing the ethics of paleogenomics. Science 2018; 360 (6387): 384-385. PubMed PMID:29700256 PubMed Central PMC6150602.
- Sabatello, M, Callier, S, Garrison, NA, Cohn, EG. Trust, Precision Medicine Research, and Equitable Participation of Underserved Populations. Am J Bioeth 2018; 18 (4): 34-36. PubMed PMID:29621444 PubMed Central PMC5890957.
- Barton, KS, Tabor, HK, Starks, H, Garrison, NA, Laurino, M, Burke, W. Pathways from autism spectrum disorder diagnosis to genetic testing. Genet. Med. 2018; 20 (7): 737-744. PubMed PMID:29048417 PubMed Central PMC5908763.
- Deverka, PA, Majumder, MA, Villanueva, AG, Anderson, M, Bakker, AC, Bardill, J, Boerwinkle, E, Bubela, T, Evans, BJ, Garrison, NA et al.. Creating a data resource: what will it take to build a medical information commons? Genome Med 2017; 9 (1): 84. PubMed PMID:28938910 PubMed Central PMC5610432.
- Fohner, AE, Garrison, NA, Austin, MA, Burke, W. Response to Koeller et al. Genet. Med. 2017; 19 (12): . PubMed PMID:28796237 PubMed Central PMC5720912.
Dr. Garrison on Twitter
Live tweet our #ASHG18 session on #SilentGenomes to hear what #Indigenous scientists are doing to change the narrative and push for more #IndiGenomics moderated by @KeoluFox and @NanibaaGarrison twitter.com/silentgenomes/…
The Summer internship for INdigenous peoples in Genomics is making an impact by inspiring the next generation of Indigenous geneticists! twitter.com/SINGConsortium…