Dr. Ruowang Li is Research Associate in the Penn Institute for Biomedical Informatics at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine in the laboratory of Dr. Jason Moore. Dr. Li earned his Masters in Statistics and PhD in Bioinformatics at Pennsylvania State University under the mentorship of Dr. Marylyn Ritchie. Dr. Li's research interests broadly encompass electronic health records, genomics, bioinformatics, and biostatistics.
- Zhang, X, Li, R, Ritchie, MD. Statistical Impact of Sample Size and Imbalance on Multivariate Analysis in silico and A Case Study in the UK Biobank. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2020; 2020 : 1383-1391. PubMed PMID:33936514 PubMed Central PMC8075427.
- Li, R, Duan, R, Zhang, X, Lumley, T, Pendergrass, S, Bauer, C, Hakonarson, H, Carrell, DS, Smoller, JW, Wei, WQ et al.. Lossless integration of multiple electronic health records for identifying pleiotropy using summary statistics. Nat Commun 2021; 12 (1): 168. PubMed PMID:33420026 PubMed Central PMC7794298.
- Li, R, Chen, Y, Ritchie, MD, Moore, JH. Electronic health records and polygenic risk scores for predicting disease risk. Nat Rev Genet 2020; 21 (8): 493-502. PubMed PMID:32235907 .
- Tong, J, Duan, R, Li, R, Scheuemie, MJ, Moore, JH, Chen, Y. Robust-ODAL: Learning from heterogeneous health systems without sharing patient-level data. Pac Symp Biocomput 2020; 25 : 695-706. PubMed PMID:31797639 PubMed Central PMC6905508.
- Li, R, Duan, R, Kember, RL, Rader, DJ, Damrauer, SM, Moore, JH, Chen, Y. A regression framework to uncover pleiotropy in large-scale electronic health record data. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2019; 26 (10): 1083-1090. PubMed PMID:31529123 PubMed Central PMC6748812.
- Li, R, Chen, Y, Moore, JH. Integration of genetic and clinical information to improve imputation of data missing from electronic health records. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2019; 26 (10): 1056-1063. PubMed PMID:31329892 PubMed Central PMC6748821.
- Li, R, Kim, D, Wheeler, HE, Dudek, SM, Dolan, ME, Ritchie, MD. Integration of genetic and functional genomics data to uncover chemotherapeutic induced cytotoxicity. Pharmacogenomics J 2019; 19 (2): 178-190. PubMed PMID:29795408 .
- Verma, SS, Lucas, A, Zhang, X, Veturi, Y, Dudek, S, Li, B, Li, R, Urbanowicz, R, Moore, JH, Kim, D et al.. Collective feature selection to identify crucial epistatic variants. BioData Min 2018; 11 : 5. PubMed PMID:29713383 PubMed Central PMC5907720.
- Li, R, Kim, D, Ritchie, MD. Methods to analyze big data in pharmacogenomics research. Pharmacogenomics 2017; 18 (8): 807-820. PubMed PMID:28612644 .
- Kim, D, Li, R, Lucas, A, Verma, SS, Dudek, SM, Ritchie, MD. Using knowledge-driven genomic interactions for multi-omics data analysis: metadimensional models for predicting clinical outcomes in ovarian carcinoma. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2017; 24 (3): 577-587. PubMed PMID:28040685 PubMed Central PMC5391734.
Dr. Ruowang Li on Twitter
Cedars-Sinai is ranked #2 hospital in the country! I am very proud to be working here. twitter.com/CedarsSinai/st…
What an honor! Thank you to our doctors, nurses, academic leaders and amazing staff. Your hard work earned this, and we’re so proud and excited to celebrate you on a national scale. 🥇🥈 @usnews #BestHospitals #CedarsSinaiProud https://t.co/XkVEQ3I9nd pic.twitter.com/bs3lXAnXg7— Cedars-Sinai (@CedarsSinai) July 26, 2022
Thanks to @lichtman_sarah for this piece on @gracielagon, our new Vice Chair for Research & Education in the Dept of Computational Biomedicine at @CedarsSinai. Also mentioned are new recruits @J_my_sci, @DocUrbs, & @li_ruowang. #bioinformatics #datascience cedars-sinai.org/newsroom/data-… Retweeted by Ruowang Li, PhD (Hiring)
After a long silence.. big update to the community proteomics tutorial by @neely615 with input from @pwilmarth! New section on databases, especially what are they and where do you get them? Still many sections empty, please consider getting involved! jessegmeyerlab.github.io/proteomics-tut… Retweeted by Ruowang Li, PhD (Hiring)
Guidelines on performing Mendelian randomization investigations written by an all-star line-up of MR researchers are now available on Wellcome Open Research: wellcomeopenresearch.org/articles/4-186… - represents a consensus statement after 12+ months of deliberation. Comments welcome! Retweeted by Ruowang Li, PhD (Hiring)
Very excited to be part of the group! twitter.com/moorejh/status…
Wonderful achievement! twitter.com/ScienceMagazin…
A special section in this week's issue of Science presents research by the Telomere-to-Telomere (#T2T) Consortium, which has completed a challenging 8% of the human genome left unresolved by the initial Human Genome Project.— Science Magazine (@ScienceMagazine) March 31, 2022
Read more: https://t.co/aCBIarMm7u pic.twitter.com/8KYA4RDnPw
NEWS 🎉: All of Us has released its first genomic dataset, which includes whole genome sequences from nearly 100K participants, in addition to genotyping arrays on 165K participants from diverse backgrounds. #Researchers, learn more: bit.ly/3N1vEtO #ResearchAllofUs Retweeted by Ruowang Li, PhD (Hiring)