Dr. Ruowang Li is Research Associate in the Penn Institute for Biomedical Informatics at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine in the laboratory of Dr. Jason Moore. Dr. Li earned his Masters in Statistics and PhD in Bioinformatics at Pennsylvania State University under the mentorship of Dr. Marylyn Ritchie. Dr. Li's research interests broadly encompass electronic health records, genomics, bioinformatics, and biostatistics.
- Zhang, X, Li, R, Ritchie, MD. Statistical Impact of Sample Size and Imbalance on Multivariate Analysis in silico and A Case Study in the UK Biobank. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2020; 2020 : 1383-1391. PubMed PMID:33936514 PubMed Central PMC8075427.
- Li, R, Duan, R, Zhang, X, Lumley, T, Pendergrass, S, Bauer, C, Hakonarson, H, Carrell, DS, Smoller, JW, Wei, WQ et al.. Lossless integration of multiple electronic health records for identifying pleiotropy using summary statistics. Nat Commun 2021; 12 (1): 168. PubMed PMID:33420026 PubMed Central PMC7794298.
- Li, R, Chen, Y, Ritchie, MD, Moore, JH. Electronic health records and polygenic risk scores for predicting disease risk. Nat Rev Genet 2020; 21 (8): 493-502. PubMed PMID:32235907 .
- Tong, J, Duan, R, Li, R, Scheuemie, MJ, Moore, JH, Chen, Y. Robust-ODAL: Learning from heterogeneous health systems without sharing patient-level data. Pac Symp Biocomput 2020; 25 : 695-706. PubMed PMID:31797639 PubMed Central PMC6905508.
- Li, R, Duan, R, Kember, RL, Rader, DJ, Damrauer, SM, Moore, JH, Chen, Y. A regression framework to uncover pleiotropy in large-scale electronic health record data. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2019; 26 (10): 1083-1090. PubMed PMID:31529123 PubMed Central PMC6748812.
- Li, R, Chen, Y, Moore, JH. Integration of genetic and clinical information to improve imputation of data missing from electronic health records. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2019; 26 (10): 1056-1063. PubMed PMID:31329892 PubMed Central PMC6748821.
- Li, R, Kim, D, Wheeler, HE, Dudek, SM, Dolan, ME, Ritchie, MD. Integration of genetic and functional genomics data to uncover chemotherapeutic induced cytotoxicity. Pharmacogenomics J 2019; 19 (2): 178-190. PubMed PMID:29795408 .
- Verma, SS, Lucas, A, Zhang, X, Veturi, Y, Dudek, S, Li, B, Li, R, Urbanowicz, R, Moore, JH, Kim, D et al.. Collective feature selection to identify crucial epistatic variants. BioData Min 2018; 11 : 5. PubMed PMID:29713383 PubMed Central PMC5907720.
- Li, R, Kim, D, Ritchie, MD. Methods to analyze big data in pharmacogenomics research. Pharmacogenomics 2017; 18 (8): 807-820. PubMed PMID:28612644 .
- Kim, D, Li, R, Lucas, A, Verma, SS, Dudek, SM, Ritchie, MD. Using knowledge-driven genomic interactions for multi-omics data analysis: metadimensional models for predicting clinical outcomes in ovarian carcinoma. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2017; 24 (3): 577-587. PubMed PMID:28040685 PubMed Central PMC5391734.
Dr. Ruowang Li on Twitter
I am excited to announce that I have accepted a position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Computational Biomedicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Soon, I will be recruiting talented scientists to join me on this exciting journey!cedars-sinai.org/about.html
Congratulations Marylyn!! twitter.com/MarylynRitchie…
I need to extend tremendous gratitude to all current & former members of the Ritchie Lab and my mentors and collaborators for the past 2 decades. Being recognized in this way is possible because of the support and collaboration by such amazing scientists. https://t.co/vZCtoypQAp.— Dr. Marylyn D. Ritchie, PhD (@MarylynRitchie) October 18, 2021
Nice! I will download and try it out. twitter.com/jtleek/status/…
The biggest problem w/the current peer review system is keeping tabs on the flood of papers. We built the papr app to help people rapidly triage the literature. We index all the preprint servers and you can quickly swipe through research in your area! https://t.co/QJQWbEbLiN https://t.co/fWcNoR9dnH— Jeff Leek (@jtleek) October 7, 2021
The extent and impact of mislabeled test-set data in ML is astounding. Apparent model improvement is often via better fitting of test errors. New method for efficiently finding errors in large test sets. We need to apply this to biomedical datasets arxiv.org/pdf/2103.14749… Retweeted by Ruowang Li, PhD
Agree. But PRS research is just getting started. It should have more clinical impact in the future. twitter.com/amit_sud/statu…