Jessica Cooke Bailey, PhD, MA, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences and a member of the Cleveland Institute for Computational Biology at Case Western Reserve University. Dr. Cooke Bailey received her PhD in Molecular Medicine and Translational Science at Wake Forest University. As a CSTC KL2 Scholar, Dr. Cooke Bailey earned her MA in Bioethics at Case Western Reserve University. Prior to joining the faculty at Case, Dr. Cooke Bailey was a post-doctoral fellow at Vanderbilt University in the Center for Human Genetics Research. Her research has focused on applying sophisticated statistical methods to understand the genetic basis of glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration in European Americans, including the Amish. Dr. Cooke Bailey is now expanding her work to harness the power of electronic health record (EHR) data coupled with genomics and other “omics” data to understand why African Americans are at increased risk for glaucoma compared with other populations. Understanding glaucoma risk factors will begin to address health disparities with the goal of informing treatment options.
- Nealon, CL, Halladay, CW, Gorman, BR, Simpson, P, Roncone, DP, Canania, RL, Anthony, SA, Sawicki Rogers, LR, Leber, JN, Dougherty, JM et al.. Association Between Fuchs Endothelial Corneal Dystrophy, Diabetes Mellitus, and Multimorbidity. Cornea 2023; : . PubMed PMID:37170406 .
- Aboobakar, IF, Kinzy, TG, Zhao, Y, Fan, B, Pasquale, LR, Qassim, A, Kolovos, A, Schmidt, JM, Craig, JE, Cooke Bailey, JN et al.. Mitochondrial TXNRD2 and ME3 Genetic Risk Scores Are Associated with Specific Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma Phenotypes. Ophthalmology 2023; : . PubMed PMID:36813040 .
- Cooke Bailey, JN, Funk, KL, Cruz, LA, Waksmunski, AR, Kinzy, TG, Wiggs, JL, Hauser, MA. Diversity in Polygenic Risk of Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma. Genes (Basel) 2022; 14 (1): . PubMed PMID:36672852 PubMed Central PMC9859496.
- Waksmunski, AR, Kinzy, TG, Cruz, LA, Nealon, CL, Halladay, CW, Anthony, SA, Greenberg, PB, Sullivan, JM, Wu, WC, Iyengar, SK et al.. Diversity is key for cross-ancestry transferability of glaucoma genetic risk scores in Hispanic Veterans in the Million Veteran Program. Pac Symp Biocomput 2023; 28 : 413-424. PubMed PMID:36540996 PubMed Central PMC9997528.
- Grunin, M, Kinzy, TG, Cooke Bailey, JN. Note the Nuance-Examining the Association of Alzheimer-Protective APOE Variation With Risk for Age-Related Macular Degeneration. JAMA Ophthalmol 2023; 141 (1): 22-23. PubMed PMID:36394840 .
- Waksmunski, AR, Kinzy, TG, Cruz, LA, Nealon, CL, Halladay, CW, Simpson, P, Canania, RL, Anthony, SA, Roncone, DP, Sawicki Rogers, L et al.. Glaucoma Genetic Risk Scores in the Million Veteran Program. Ophthalmology 2022; 129 (11): 1263-1274. PubMed PMID:35718050 PubMed Central PMC9997524.
- Nealon, CL, Halladay, CW, Kinzy, TG, Simpson, P, Canania, RL, Anthony, SA, Roncone, DP, Sawicki Rogers, LR, Leber, JN, Dougherty, JM et al.. Development and Evaluation of a Rules-based Algorithm for Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma in the VA Million Veteran Program. Ophthalmic Epidemiol 2022; 29 (6): 640-648. PubMed PMID:34822319 PubMed Central PMC9583190.
- Kuan, V, Warwick, A, Hingorani, A, Tufail, A, Cipriani, V, Burgess, S, Sofat, R, International AMD Genomics Consortium (IAMDGC). Association of Smoking, Alcohol Consumption, Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, and Glycemic Risk Factors With Age-Related Macular Degeneration: A Mendelian Randomization Study. JAMA Ophthalmol 2021; 139 (12): 1299-1306. PubMed PMID:34734970 PubMed Central PMC8569599.
- Zebardast, N, Sekimitsu, S, Wang, J, Elze, T, Gharahkhani, P, Cole, BS, Lin, MM, Segrè, AV, Wiggs, JL, International Glaucoma Genetics Consortium et al.. Characteristics of p.Gln368Ter Myocilin Variant and Influence of Polygenic Risk on Glaucoma Penetrance in the UK Biobank. Ophthalmology 2021; 128 (9): 1300-1311. PubMed PMID:33713785 PubMed Central PMC9134646.
- Gharahkhani, P, Jorgenson, E, Hysi, P, Khawaja, AP, Pendergrass, S, Han, X, Ong, JS, Hewitt, AW, Segrè, AV, Rouhana, JM et al.. Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies 127 open-angle glaucoma loci with consistent effect across ancestries. Nat Commun 2021; 12 (1): 1258. PubMed PMID:33627673 PubMed Central PMC7904932.